Story of Elegance
Following are the quick steps to recreate this card.
First, make your cuts:
- Basic White card stock – 4 x 5 1/4″ (two pieces)
- Die cuts:
- Create a rectangle frame using the largest rectangle die (3 7/8″ x 5 1/4″) and the 3″ x 4 1/2″ die using Basic White card stock.
- Cut a piece of Lighter Than Air Designer Series Paper using a stitched rectangle die.
- Use the larger solid balloon die from the Hot Air Balloon die set to cut a balloon in polished paper.
- Die cut the desired balloon parts using Basic White card stock.
- Stamp the desired sentiment using Balmy Blue ink onto Basic White card stock and cut using the die from the Hot Air Balloon die set.
Emboss one of the Basic White panels using the Basics 3D embossing folder.
Adhere the embossed panel to an A2 card base made with Thick Basic White card stock. (Note: An A2 card base is made by cutting an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Thick card stock in half on the long side. Score the 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″ (half sheet) of card stock at 4 1/4 “.)
Add the die cut DSP rectangle to the lower portion of the embossed panel.
Glue the die cut balloon parts onto the die cut balloon. Add the assembled ballon to the card front so that the balloon covers the major portion of the white space on the embossed panel.
Adhere the frame to the panel using strips of foam squares or foam strips.
Add the sentiment using Dimensionals to the card front.
Finish the card front by adding silver Festive Jewels or Rainbow Adhesive Back Dots as desired.
Complete the project by adding coordinating DSP to the envelope flap.
I never like to waste paper so I used some of my leftovers to make a second card. 🙂
Finding Your Creative Elegance
In the end, the beauty of paper crafting lies in its ability to connect us with our own creativity and with others. It’s a chance to slow down, unplug, and create something beautiful and meaningful with our own two hands. So why not give it a try today? You never know where your creativity might take you.
If you would like to try your creativity with the products I used, you can shop with me anytime!
In Case You Missed It …….
Click on the image above to view the video of my latest You Tube Live. Check it out and if you would be so kind, please like, share and subscribe to my channel. I will be live on Thursdays at 7:00pm EST. Thanks!
Thank you again for stopping by.