Story of Elegance
Following are the quick steps to recreate this card.
First, make your cuts:
- Very Vanilla card stock – 4 x 5 1/4″ (two pieces)
- Pool Party card stock – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Nature’s Sweetness Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Die cuts:
- Die cut the large floral almond plant image from the Lovely & Sweet stamp set that has been stamped on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock using Pebbled Path ink
- Use the largest oval die from the Layering Ovals die set to die cut an oval onto one of the Very Vanilla panel, and the next largest oval die to die cut an oval onto the smaller panel of Pool Party card stock. Note: Align the two panels and trim the Pool Party Panel as needed so that it doesn’t show outside the Very Vanilla panel. Also the Oval Layering dies are retired, but you can use any layering die set you own for this card.
- Die cut a stamped sentiment of your choice using gold embossing or foiling onto Very Vanilla card stock. I used foil.
Emboss the die cut Very Vanilla panel using the Softly Sophisticated 3D embossing folder. You can get this folder FREE during Sale-A-Bration while supplies last with a $100 purchase. It’s part of the Softly Sophisticated bundle.
Adhere the Pool Party panel behind the Very Vanilla embossed panel, ensuring there is no part outside of the Very Vanilla panel.
Adhere the Specialty Designer Series Paper panel to the front of the larger Pool Party panel then add to an A2 card base made with Thick Very Vanilla card stock. (Note: An A2 card base is made by cutting an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Thick card stock in half on the long side. Score the 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″ (half sheet) of card stock at 4 1/4 “.)
Add the die cut laerys to the card front using Dimensionals.
Place the floral die cut into the space between the DSP and cardstock and adhere at the base. Add Dimensionals under the leaves as needed.
Adhere the sentiment below the floral image.
Finish the card front by adding a gold bow made with Simply Elegant trim and gold Pearl Basic jewels.
For the inside, I printed my greeting onto the second the 4″ x 5 1/4” Very Vanilla panel and stamped a small flower from the Notes of Nature stamp set using Pebbled Path ink before adhering to the card base.
To complete the project, stamp a flower on the envelope front and add DSP to the envelope flap.
Finding Your Creative Elegance
In the end, the beauty of paper crafting lies in its ability to connect us with our own creativity and with others. It’s a chance to slow down, unplug, and create something beautiful and meaningful with our own two hands. So why not give it a try today? You never know where your creativity might take you.
If you would like to try your creativity with the products I used, you can shop with me anytime!
In Case You Missed It …….
Click on the image above to view the video of my latest You Tube Live. Check it out and if you would be so kind, please like, share and subscribe to my channel. I will be live on Thursdays at 7:00pm EST. Thanks!
Thank you again for stopping by.