Story of Elegance
Hi and Happy Friday!
For today’s card I combined a little of the old with a little of the new.
I hope that you’re not disappointed that I’m using some retired products for today’s project, but as I buy my products, I tend to keep many of my favorites and use them! But don’t worry, fortunately, almost always there are products in the current line that can be substituted to create a similar look.
For example, I used my favorite retired embossing folder, Tasteful Textile 3D, but a similar look can be achieved with the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder.
For the new products, I used Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper (DSP), Elegant Eucalyptus 3D embossing folder, Hues of Happiness DSP, Stylish Shapes Dies, Starry Sky Metallic Ribbon, and a sentiment from the Happiness Abounds stamp set.
Here’s the card I created:
I love the look of embossed foil and the new Elegant Eucalyptus 3D embossing folder makes a great impression. 😉
Elegance Made Easy
Following are the quick steps to recreate this card.
First, make your cuts:
- Blue Foil 3″ x 4 1/4″ – emboss using Elegant Eucalyptus 3D embossing folder (Blue Foil is retired, but Silver foil can be used for a similar look)
- Basic White card stock – 4″ x 5 1/4″ – emboss using Tasteful Textile or Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder
- Abigail Rose DSP – 3 1/2 x 4 3/4″
- Hues of Happiness DSP 1 1/2″ x 3 “
- Hues of Happiness DSP 2 3/4″ x 5 7/8″ – envelope flap
- Basic White card stock – 1″ x 3 1/2″ (for sentiment)
Next, complete the stamping:
- Stamp the sentiment using Starry Sky ink and die cut using a banner die from the Stylish Shapes dies
Add the Basic White embossed card stock panel to an A2 card base made with Thick Basic White card stock.
Layer the completed panels: Abigail Rose DSP, Blue foil, and Hues of Happiness DSP.
Loop Starry Sky Metallic Woven ribbon around the layered panels and add to card base and add a bow and completed sentiment atop the ribbon.
Finish by adding Hues of Happiness DSP to the envelope flap.
Craft Your Elegance
Here are the products I used for today’s card. You can shop with me anytime and get quality products to create your own elegant paper crafts!