Story of Elegance
The name of the stamp set I’m featuring today, Band Together, seems particularly appropriate for the times. As we all work together to combat Covid-19, that’s exactly what we need to do – band together. For some, like me, we are a band of one at home, but the good news is, we’re alone together!
I can’t think of a better time to send a card letting my loved ones know I care. So that’s what I’ve been doing. Today’s card is for a dear friend, who I think is absolutely amazing and the Band Together bundle was perfect to create a cute and simple card.
I don’t know about you, but coloring has never been my strong suit. But with Stampin’ Up!, that is never a problem. Our Stampin’ Blends do the work for you. For this card, I used the Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive Stampin’ Blend Combo sets.
To color the flowers, I first outlined the petals with the Dark Flirty Flamingo, then I colored in the flower with Light Flirty Flamingo making sure to color over the Dark lining to allow the two colors to blend together. I used the same process to color the stems and leaves.
I wanted to ensure that the sentiment was really black so that it would pop against the card. To make sure there were no mishaps and to be able to double stamp, I used my Stamparatus.
For the flowers and stems ( a single large stamp) – I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed them with Shimmer White Stampin’ Emboss Powder to add a little bling to the card. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to add height to the double oval sentiment panel, and finished with a sweet little bow made with Whisper White Sheer Ribbon.
Don’t forget about Paper Pumpkin……
Paper Pumpkin is our monthly all-inclusive kit subscription. There are so many reasons to love Paper Pumpkin:
- It’s a great way to start paper crafting! If you are new to paper crafting, Paper Pumpkin is a wonderful way to explore your creative side. Each kit is all inclusive and contains everything you need to complete the projects.
- It’s affordable! The per cost kit is only $22 per month and each kit contains several projects. March subscribers received 2 stamp set and materials for 12 greeting cards! And the April kit is all about family and loved ones.
- It’s easy! You can order online. Each kit is delivered directly to your door (or wherever you receive your mail) and has beautifully illustrated instructions inside.
- There’s no obligation! After you receive your first kit, if you decide that it’s not for you, simply cancel.
- It’s flexible! Life happens. Sometimes you may not be able to receive a kit or may decide that you want to skip a kit. No problem! You choose when you get a kit throughout the year. To skip a kit, just log on and update your Paper Pumpkin account by the 10th of the month to opt-out of the current month’s delivery.
These are only a few reasons. The biggest reason is for the JOY. The joy of creating, either with yourself, or your friends, children or grandchildren and the JOY of sharing kindness. I’m telling you, it is definitely a GOOD thing! You should try it!
If you’re ready – just hit the button Right here – – -> SUBSCRIBE NOW
If your browser doesn’t display the button, you can click this link to get started >>> Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Find Your Elegance
You can get your creativity going anytime. Shop with me whenever you choose. You can click any item to get to my store. Easy Peasy!
I’ll be back on Tuesday with more card crafting fun. I hope you’ll be back too. Until then, have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and,