Story of Elegance
Despite everything that’s going on around me, I still consider myself extremely blessed! I have a home that is safe, food to eat, a reasonable portion of health, a sane mind, wonderful and loving family, lovely friends, delightful neighbors and the list goes on and on. No matter what happens, there is always something to be grateful for.
I love the sentiment on the cards today because it’s a big fat BLESSED! That’s how I feel today and I want to share that with others who are a part of my life.
The tools that I used for all my cards this week are the same – Designer Series Paper, sentiment stamps from To A Wild Rose set, Daisy punches and Stitched So Sweetly dies.
I know I say this all the time, but it’s true – the sky is the limit when creating with Stampin’ Up! products. They are high quality and oh so versatile! You can mix and match to your hearts delight.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a black and white card. Like most endeavors, having the right tools makes all the difference. The tools I used today made creating this card super easy.
Before I assembled my card, I prepared the sentiment panel. First, I die cut the black and white pieces using the Stitched So Sweetly dies; then I stamped the Blessed sentiment onto the Whisper White die cut in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. While the ink was still wet, I embossed it with Clear embossing powder.
With my Basic Black card stock and Botanical Butterfly (retired) Designer Series Paper cut, I was ready to assemble. I layered as shown placing the strip of Whisper White Tulle ribbon between the white and black die cuts and adhering it to the back of the black panel before I put it on the card base. I added extra depth by placing Stampin’ Dimensionals between the two die cuts. Three quick punches with the Daisy Punch and the Medium Daisy Punch and the flower was ready to be assembled and added to my card. I finished with a red faceted rhinestone in the center of the flower.
No card is complete without its coordinating envelope, so I added a panel of DSP to the envelope flap.
Often I need to send several cards, and although I want each card to have the same sentiment, I don’t want them to be exactly the same. Again, easily accomplished with the right tools. In the cards below, I used the same card design. In one of the cards, I simply reversed the black and white and in the other I used color. Simple, easy and elegant. My kind of card crafting!
Don’t forget about Paper Pumpkin……
Paper Pumpkin is our monthly all-inclusive kit subscription. There are so many reasons to love Paper Pumpkin:
- It’s a great way to start paper crafting! If you are new to paper crafting, Paper Pumpkin is a wonderful way to explore your creative side. Each kit is all inclusive and contains everything you need to complete the projects.
- It’s affordable! The per cost kit is only $22 per month and each kit contains several projects. March subscribers received 2 stamp set and materials for 12 greeting cards! And the April kit is all about family and loved ones.
- It’s easy! You can order online. Each kit is delivered directly to your door (or wherever you receive your mail) and has beautifully illustrated instructions inside.
- There’s no obligation! After you receive your first kit, if you decide that it’s not for you, simply cancel.
- It’s flexible! Life happens. Sometimes you may not be able to receive a kit or may decide that you want to skip a kit. No problem! You choose when you get a kit throughout the year. To skip a kit, just log on and update your Paper Pumpkin account by the 10th of the month to opt-out of the current month’s delivery.
These are only a few reasons. The biggest reason is for the JOY. The joy of creating, either with yourself, or your friends, children or grandchildren and the JOY of sharing kindness. I’m telling you, it is definitely a GOOD thing! You should try it!
If you’re ready – just hit the button Right here – – -> SUBSCRIBE NOW
If your browser doesn’t display the button, you can click this link to get started >>> Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Find Your Elegance
You can get your creativity going anytime. Shop with me whenever you choose. You can click any item to get to my store. Easy Peasy!
I’ll be back on Friday with more card crafting fun. I hope you’ll be back too. Until then, have a wonderful week. Stay safe and,