Story of Elegance
Whew!! This has been a long week. Nonetheless, I’m thankful and happy for the beautiful family and wonderful friends that I have in my life. I appreciate them more that they will ever know.
As I shared in my post on Tuesday, i used the same tools for all my cards this week Designer Series Paper, sentiment stamps from To A Wild Rose set, Daisy punches and Stitched So Sweetly dies.
Today, I created a sweet little card to say hello.
No card is complete without its coordinating envelope, so I added a panel of DSP to the envelope flap.
Like the Blessed card on Tuesday, I continued with polka dot patterned DSP and Daisy flower for this card too. However, for this card I added layers of DSP and card stock for added interest. Typically, to make it easier, I would simply layer full cuts of card stock and paper to create the layers. Since taking that approach would mean six layers plus the 3 layers for the sentiment, that was not an option. Here’s what I did:
- Cut strips of 1″ x 4 1/4″ card stock in Black and Flirty Flamingo and adhered them to the card base mirroring top and bottom.
- Cut strips of DSP 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and adhered to card base both top and bottom.
- Cut strip of Flirty Flamingo card stock 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″.
- Cut strip of Basic Black card stock 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and adhered to strip in step 3.
- Cut strip of Polka Dot DSP 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and adhered to strip created by step 4.
- Adhered the panel created in step 5 to the card base between the 2 Polka Dot DSP strips.
- Created the sentiment panel Stitched So Sweetly and Layering Ovals dies then adhered to card base.
- Punched the Daisies using DSP and Flirty Flamingo and Basic Black DSP.
- Added a paper flower embellishment to the center of the daisies.
Here’s a special card for all my visitors who are Mothers. Have a beautiful Mother’s Day!
I’ll be back on Tuesday with more card crafting fun. I hope you’ll be back too. Until then, have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and,