Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! Spring is here, so we are sharing Spring projects with bees and birds. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Story of Elegance
I have to admit, it was REALLY REALLY hard not to expand upon this month’s theme. Maybe something like – Birds and Bees and FLOWERS ! 🙂
But I didn’t – Birds and Bees it is. It’s funny – initially, I didn’t think I had many birds and bees in my stash of current products. Boy was I surprised when I finally sat down to take a look! Thankfully, I had several different options, so I decided to work with the Crane of Fortune bundle for today’s card.
Here’s what I came up with:
Spring time is full light and sunshine and lots of weddings, so I decided I would let this hop do double duty and add to my stash for spring and summer weddings.
The gold embossed crane is all decked out for the wedding with a special occasion bow tie!
I added more texture with the die cut white and gold gingko biloba leaves.
Elegance Made Easy
This sweet card is easy to re-create.
First, make the cuts:
- Gold Foil card stock – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White card stock card stock – 3″ x 3 1/2″ – texturized with Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
- Die cut three gingko biloba stems (2 Basic White card stock and 1 Gold Foil card stock) using Good Fortune die
Next, complete the heat embossing. On Basic White card stock stamp the Crane and sentiment in Versa Mark and heat emboss using Gold embossing powder. Use the die from the Good Fortune die set to cut the crane. Cut the sentiment to 3″ x 3/4″.
Assemble the card by layering the DSP panel onto the Gold Foil panel; add the texturized panel to the upper portion of the panel, and then to an A2 card base made with Thick Basic White card stock. Add the die cut crane to the center of the textured panel. Arrange the gingko biloba stems beneath the crane. Place the sentiment onto the card using Dimensionals.
Finally, add a few Heart Pearls around the crane and coordinating DSP to the envelope flap and you’re done!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop,
There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
Craft Your Elegance
Here are the products I used for today’s card. You can shop with me anytime and get quality products to create your own elegant paper crafts!
Our new Join promotion is absolutely fabulous!