Story of Elegance
Happy Friday! I’m happy its Friday and I decided to share a card that brings happy into the it.
I knew that I wanted to craft with my Pretty Perennial stamp set, and that I wanted to use the color Gorgeous Grape. It’s said that purple is the color of royalty and I was feeling particularly royal the day I made this card, so there you go – Gorgeous Grape became my first color. haha!
If you’ve been looking at my blog for awhile, you know that I tend to go for monochromatic themes. I’m challenging myself to use more color, so I took a very technical approach to choose the color theme for today’s card. Not! I started playing around with different color combinations until I came up with one I liked.
Here is the palate I chose:
This stamp set is full of so many cute flowers and accents, I wanted to incorporate as many of them into my card as I could, so I needed plenty of color and I like they way these colors combine.
As always, my hope is that today’s card will inspire you to order a few items and create your own special kindness to share. You’ll be glad you did!
Here’s the card I made.
Following are the steps I used to create this card:
1. Cut a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ panel of Gorgeous Grape card stock and adhere to a card base made with Thick Basic White card stock.
2. Cut a 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ panel of Bumble Bee card stock and center onto the Gorgeous Grape panel.
3. Cut a 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ panel of Basic White card stock.
4. Stamp the Basic White panel, starting by stamping the sentiment in the center in Gorgeous Grape ink. Stamp the flowers around the sentiment in Purple Posy and Highland Heather inks. Fill in the white space with Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather accents.
5. Add Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather Pastel Pearls to the center of the flowers.
I was having so much fun with this stamp set, I created a few more. You always need to celebrate someone right? Here are two more of the six cards I made.
Beginning March 2, 2021 through May 3, 2021 you can purchase products from the Butterfly Bouquet suite of products. Butterfly Bouquet includes early-release products from the 2021 Annual Catalog in addition to exclusive products. It includes a 10% discount on the stamp set and dies when purchased with the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle or the Butterfly Brilliance Collection.
Prepare yourself for a burst of butterflies with the Butterfly Brilliance Background Stamp. Use this stamp to create projects for Mother’s Day, weddings, and more. Pair this stamp with greetings of your choice to customize it for the season or occasion. Stamp the line-art image and add color with your choice of coloring technique, or apply different colors of ink to create a unique look. Whatever you do with it, the results will be glorious!
Find Your Elegance
You can get your creativity going anytime. Shop with me whenever you choose. You can click any item to get to my store. Easy Peasy!
These are the current products that I used for this card: