Story of Elegance
Hello and welcome!
Today is my last card creation post for 2020. My, what a year it has been! Despite all the ups and downs, good times, not so good times, happy times, scary times, heartache and setbacks, I’m still hopeful and expecting better days to come. With that thought in mind, I decided that today’s card bright and light and sparkling. Like snow.
I needed to create a couple of cards to wish friends a Happy New Year, and whenever I think of the new year, I think of fresh starts and new beginnings. The New Year lies in front of each of us like a fresh blanket of snow just ready and waiting for us to make our marks on it. So, of course my thought process took me straight to the Snowflake Wishes bundle.
I wanted something bright and sparkly. Here’s where the bundle took me today – something super simple and elegant. My favorite combination.
I used the Winter Snow 3D Embossing Folder to create the perfect background for this card. NOTE: This Beautiful folder is on sale now as part of our GIANT YEARD END CLOSEOUT!
Here’s are steps to create this card:
1: Cut a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ panel of Whisper White card stock and emboss using the Winter Snow 3D Embossing Folder.
2. Use the largest Stitched Rectangle die to cut the stitching around the panel.
3: Cut three snowflakes in Silver Foil using the So Many Snowflakes die set.
4. Cut a 4 1/2″ strip of Silver Metallic Edge ribbon and adhere to the card base about 2/3 the way down the panel. Adhere the panel to a card base made with Thick Whisper White card stock.
5. Create the sentiment panel by stamping the sentiment onto a panel die cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies. I wanted extra shimmer on the sentiment, so I stamped it in Versa Mark and embossed with tinsel embossing powder from a local craft store.
6. Add Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment panel and adhere to the card base over the strip of ribbon.
7. Adhere the die cut snowflakes to the card, above and beneath the sentiment panel.
8. Add a bow and Clear Basic Rhinestones to the snowflakes and the panel.
Find Your Elegance
You can get your creativity going anytime. Shop with me whenever you choose. You can click any item to get to my store. Easy Peasy!
Here are the items I used for today’s card:
Thank you so much for all the time you’ve spent with me and the wonderful feedback you’ve offered throughout the year. I hope that the year ahead is full of God’s richest blessings for you and your loved ones – health, happiness, peace of mind and heart, joy and love. I’ll be back on January 5th sharing items from our New January – June Mini Catalog and our annual SALE-A-BRATION products. It’s going to be exciting! I hope you’ll be back to visit. Have a safe and joyous holiday. Happy New Year! And until we meet again,