Story of Elegance
It’s Friday! Woo Hoo! Well, we’ve had our first measurable snowfall here in Central Ohio. I really like snow and I like it even more when I can enjoy it from the warmth and comfort of my home. The first snowfall was so pretty that I decided to pull out the Winter Snow Embossing Folder and create a wintry Christmas card.
Here’s a peak at the snow looking out my back door.
To create today’s card, I paired the folder with one of the So Many Snowflake dies. I wanted a little color in my card and since I recently received our new Blending Brushes, I decided to give them a try. You are gonna love these brushes! I surely do. It’s so easy to create an Ombre look with these beautiful brushes. Easy and me just go so well together! 🙂
I love the wintry look of the card, and of course its simplicity and elegance make me happy. Here’s a closer look.
I added a little bit of sparkle to the frame interior using the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.
Here’s are steps to create this card:
1: Use the Winter Snow Embossing Folder to emboss a 4″ x 5 1/4″ panel of Whisper White card stock.
2. Use a Blending Brush and Balmy Blue ink to color the panel moving dark to light from the bottom up. Adhere the panel to a card base made of Thick Whisper White card stock.
3: Create the frame for the sentiment panel in Whisper White card stock using a die from the Snow Many Snowflakes die set. Adhere to the front of the panel.
4. Use the Stitched Nested label dies to die cut a sentiment panel using Whisper White card stock. Stamp the sentiment onto the die cut using Balmy Blue ink. Adhere the sentiment to the card in the center of the frame.
5. Brush the snowflakes that are inside the frame with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.
6. Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the sentiment panel and frame.
7. For the inside of the card: Emboss the top portion of a 4″ x 5 1/4″ panel of Whisper White card stock. Use a Blending Brush and Balmy Blue ink to create an Ombre look dark to light from the top down. Stamp the sentiment (from the For Unto Us stamp set) in Balmy blue. Add Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush randomly to tips and centers of a few of the snowflakes.
Find Your Elegance
You can get your creativity going anytime. Shop with me whenever you choose. You can click any item to get to my store. Easy Peasy!
Here are the items I used for today’s card:
I wish you a lovely day and a safe weekend! Be sure to through in some fun things that brighten your spirit and refreshes your soul. I’ll be back on Tuesday with another card to share. I hope you’ll stop by too! Until then,